Ukraine has ordered a full military mobilization in response to Russia's build-up of its forces in Crimea. Prime Minster Arseniy Yatsenyuk said the country was "on the brink of disaster." Several other measures were announced on Sunday by national security officials:
- The armed forces would be put on "full combat readiness".
- Reserves to be mobilised and trained
- Ukraine's foreign minister will seek the help of US and UK leaders in guaranteeing its security
- Emergency headquarters to be set up
- Increased security at key sites, including nuclear plants.
- Airspace closed to all non-civilian aircraft.
Kerry Says U.S. Considering Sanctions on Russia for Ukraine Move
Read / See More: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-03-02/ukraine-orders-full-military-mobilization-acting-pm-says-russian-actions-declaration
~ ~ ~
The Invasion So Far: Visual Summary Of Russian Forces And Movements Within The Ukraine
Moments ago Interfax reported that two Russian anti-submarine warships have appeared off the coast of Ukraine's Crimea region...
Read More: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-03-01/invasion-so-far-visual-summary-russian-forces-and-movements
~ ~ ~
All the latest major headlines on the Ukraine crisis:
- Putin ready to invade Ukraine; Kiev warns of war
- Ukraine's Acting President Puts All Armed Forces On Full Combat Alert
- Obama expresses deep concern to Putin on Ukraine
- Russia, West trade accusations over Ukraine crisis at U.N.
- Obama, wary of foreign crises, faces East-West standoff
- Canada says recalling ambassador from Russia for consultations
- Britain summons ambassador over Russia troops decision
- Local council declares itself sole lawful authority in Donetsk, Ukraine
- At cradle of Revolution, doubts about Ukraine's leadership
- Putin to Obama: Russia ready to protect interests in Ukraine
- West urges Russia to respect Ukraine sovereignty
- Sleepy Crimean port turns out for Russian troops
- The day Ukraine's "Maidan" lost control
- Britain says "no excuse" for military intervention in Ukraine
- Protesters raise Russian flag in two east Ukrainian cities
- Russia warns Ukraine may lose gas discount
- Russians strike Ukraine army post in Crimea. Kiev fears Ukraine army putsch. US warships on standby
- I Don’t Now What’s Going On In Ukraine, But I Do Know One Thing: We Should STAY OUT OF IT
- Ukraine’s Acting President Puts All Armed Forces On Full Combat Alert
- Crisis in Ukraine Escalating: Russia Has 15,000 Comrades On The Ground, Ukrainian Military Resigning On A Massive Scale
- Russian S-400 Missile Systems On The Move
- Russia vs Ukraine: The Infographic
- Putin Has Occupied Crimea, Is Ukraine & World War III Next?
- Ukraine Capital Control Crunch: Largest Bank Limits Cash Withdrawals To $100 Daily
- Caption Contest: Ukraine On The Line <-- You don't want to miss this!