Friday, February 7, 2014

Winter Bee Feeding Success! Hive Reversal & Checkerboarding | LDS Prepper



I'm so excited! My honey bee queen in one of my hives has really kicked it into high gear and is laying eggs like it is Spring time. This is exactly what I was hoping and working towards. This will help the hive be stronger in Spring and allow me to split it to increase the honey bee population in my area and help a friend start his adventure in beekeeping. When I saw how much the queen had layed and how much honey the hive had stored I knew it was time to expand the hive by checkerboarding. I show how to use checkerboarding in this video. I also explain and show why I did a hive reversal too.

RESOURCES:

- How to Split A Beehive and Prevent Swarming: http://youtu.be/mco1-TcjNag

0 comments: