Tuesday, October 29, 2013

covertress is off the air...


Hello Dear Readers,

... and Goodbye.

If this statement comes as a shock to you, you're not alone.

This morning I lost electricity. Now, for most of you, I know, that's easily remedied with a quick phone call to the power company. Not so for me. I'm flat broke.

This Thanksgiving (insert bitter irony) will be the one-year anniversary of my last full-time job... heck, of even a part-time job. Seriously, I've only been able to pick up day-labor work here and there.

Thank you Obama. No, really, thank you for working on your signature singular achievement, Obamacare, rather than fixing the economy.

There. I feel better now. This letter is not meant to be a poor me, bitch fest. It's just to let you know that I will be off the air, off line, off grid for who knows how long.

You may recall, from my previous stories here, how I lived without electricity for two years. How I learned to clean game and keep the wood stove burning. I'll be fine. I'll just miss you, my dear, anonymous readers. Silly me.

Who knows? This might be the start of something really great for me.

I've already come up with the plan for a new business, selling an item that can be profitable if the economy holds together and barterable if it doesn't. Wish me luck.

If you miss me too, don't forget to check the archives. There's some good stuff here that I've posted over the years. For you new readers, start with the 'best of covertress' section on the right.

I guess that's it.

So long, it's been good to know you...

c


P.S. For the few who would like to donate and buy me a beer as a thank you, I thank you.





http://youtu.be/zqiblXFlZuk

3 comments:

Harry Teratoma said...

I hope this isn't the end Good luck with whatever you do. At least come back one more time to plug your business.

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain.

I lost my job last January, and have not found another.
We, too, spend our weekends gathering wood from the forest to heat the house. Daily food budget has been a dollar a day, for awhile now.

I've only been on your email list for a short time, but I have enjoyed it.

I hope that things turn around soon, that we will see you back here.

Borepatch said...

Crap.

I don't have bitcoins, but I sent what we can your way.