Saturday, August 24, 2013

Preparing a Honey Bee Hive for Fall or Winter

Preparing a Honey Bee Hive for Fall or Winter

I share how I am preparing my honey bee hive for fall. I have one hive that I don't think has enough honey stores in its brood box. I remove the queen excluders from all three hives, add a top feeder with syrup and entrance reducer to one hive. I share my feelings about when to use use smoke on a hive and how much.

New Queen Bee Installation & Results

I installed a new queen bee two months ago. I opened the hive a couple of days after to see how she was doing and found what looked like a big bee fight with the new queen in the middle. In this video you'll be able to clearly identify the new queen, see newly laid eggs and young larvae. This is a short fun video on an up close look inside the hive.

0 comments: