Sunday, June 2, 2013

Indoctrination System: Former Teacher Speaks Out, "Everything I loved about teaching is extinct."

Real teachers, the ones who care about their students, the ones who teach kids to think critically and not just recite things by rote, are being targeted. Why?

Because our public indoctrination centers, also known as schools, don't want children to think.

They want children to learn specified "facts" in order to pass standardized tests, thus creating perfect little worker bees. They want to produce adults who will not question authority or the status quo, but merely assimilate what they are told as truth, and act accordingly.

Because of this, the school system is losing those teachers who could make a real difference in the future of our country.

Ellie Rubenstein is such a teacher, and she made a video of her resignation from the school system, saying, "Everything I loved about teaching is extinct". She exposes the entire system, and continues, "I thought I'd be a teacher the rest of my life. But I no longer feel I'm doing anything meaningful. I have to get out before my sense of self and self-worth is completely obliterated. Unless you are a 'yes' man, you will soon find out your only choice is to become one or leave".

Much to Rubenstein's astonishment, her video was so warmly received by many Youtube viewers that it got nearly half a million hits in the first day.

http://www.thedailysheeple.com/indoctrination-system-former-teacher-speaks-out-everything-i-loved-about-teaching-is-extinct_052013

###

My taxes were just DOUBLED so that other people's children (I have none) can be subjected to this farce -- the US public education system.

I have only one word for you parents with school-aged children:

HOMESCHOOL!

- c

2 comments:

Concrete Jungle said...

I'd prefer to homeschool, but it's a full-time job. Perhaps part-time in a best-case scenario. Both adults in our household have to work full-time, so its just not realistic. I *would* propose, instead, to get involved and make a difference at your school where your kids are, but I've come to realize that is not realistic either - the mandates are pushed down from DC and forcefed through the local school system.

Having a 5th grader (6th next year) in my household results in me knowing a lot of 5th graders, and none of them can spell. It's really appalling how poorly every single one of them spell. It's not enforced, and especially not so in classes such as Math or Science - if you have 6 Apples and give 2 Apples away, you do not have 4 Appels (sic) left - that answer should be wrong, but it is not marked as such. It is so frustrating, especially considering we were having spelling bees to encourage good spelling as early as 2nd grade (and I'm not THAT old!). I would never have spelled a word as straightforward as Apples wrong in 2nd grade (I actually lost the spelling bee in 2nd grade on Country, which I misspelled County, but I knew how to spell both - it was a big enough deal that I still remember the word 30 years later).

What do you do when homeschooling is not realistic?

i am covertress said...

CJ,

I too remember grade school spelling bees. My losing word was magic! Some might argue that I spelled it correctly -- majick -- but alas, I was too far ahead of the neo-Pagan movement.

Having lived aboard a boat offshore for several years, I met many parents who had "dropped out" of the American dream and had gone to sea full-time with their kids and pets. Talk about 24/7 homeschooling.

The children I met were often among the brightest and respectful that I've encountered.

They weren't addicted to the internet, cell phones nor video games because most of their sailboats had no electricity unless they were under power -- a situation that usually calls for all hands to do something.

Being a full-time world traveler, working the occasional odd job like bartending, housekeeping, dial-in programming, etc. to keep the boat going and to buy food -- this was always my plan if I had a child.

It's all a matter of lifestyle choices, I suppose. What are you willing to live without? Electricity? Hot showers?

What are you hoping to gain? A world-education? Life long friendships? The art of letter wtiting? Patience?

What would I do? Sell it all and go sailing.