Thursday, June 20, 2013

Hiding your data transmissions from the NSA

I guess I should start off with a warning here: it's not at all probable that you really can. However, people have been pinging me, and I don't like any of the suggestions that I've seen so far. This is a first cut.

The second warning here is that this is not useful for voice or email protection (mostly), and won't help with GPS geolocation tracking. It's purely a thought experiment on how to transmit decently large quantities of information without NSA being likely to understand the content, or even that information is likely to be transmitted. That last point is the key.

http://borepatch.blogspot.com/2013/06/hiding-your-data-transmissions-from-nsa.html?m=1

Notable Comment:

By kx59 - The only way to truly go dark on the net is to disconnect. That includes your smart phone, your PS3 and your xbox 360. These days, that might include your smart washer and dryer and the high tech refrigerator with the LED screen on the door. Oh, I forgot your security system. Particularly the glass break sensors. They are, after all, highly sensitive microphones. But, if you don't have anything to hide, you've nothing to worry about. Right? It's been mentioned before. What you know about Prism, so far, is just the tip of the ice berg. I suggest getting to know your neighbors.

0 comments: