Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The Sweetness of Struggle

Struggle For The Catch, by Edward Henry Potthast.
Prelude

Dumping Debby

Tropical storm Debby may have left my Florida county but while passing she dumped over 20 inches of rain in 24 hours, leaving 1/2 foot of water in my downstairs. What a mess.

Fortunately, just before my house began to flood, I had finished moving anything of value [including my generator] upstairs. I lost nothing to the water and got a great workout in the process!

Thanks to the generous donations from readers like you, I've been able to buy gasoline for my generator [19 months and counting without electricity] and pump out the sea water. The cleanup begins.

[Many of you may not have known that I have not worked since last November, having quit rather than be a party to the fraud being perpetrated by my employers.]

One very happy moment resulted from my struggles these past few days --  I re-spliced the wiring to my generator all by myself, using free heat shrink connectors I found "just lying around the house." My sense of accomplishment  knows no bounds. ;)

Which brings me to my post today...

The Sweetness of Struggle

"Meet struggle and master it, says nature, and you shall have strength and wisdom sufficient for all your needs." -- Napoleon Hill

The following is an excerpt from Napoleon Hill's You Can Work Your Own Miracles

In every form of life, atrophy and death come from idleness! The one thing nature will not tolerate it idleness. Through the necessity for struggle and the Law of  Change, nature keeps everything throughout the universe in a constant state of flux. Nothing from the electrons and the protons of matter to the suns and planets which float throughout space, is ever still for a single second. Nature's motto is: Keep moving or perish!

And should you doubt that nature intends every individual to keep struggling or perish, observe what takes place when the person who makes his fortune and "retires" - gives up the struggle because he no longer believes it is necessary.

When any individual reconciles himself to the state of mind wherein he is willing to accept largess from the government, instead of supplying his needs through personal initiative, that individual is on the road to decay and spiritual blindness. When a majority of the people of a nation give up their inherited prerogative right to make their own way through struggle, history shows clearly that the entire nation is in a tailspin of decay that inevitably must end in extinction.

The individual who not only is willing to live on the public treasury, but demands that he be fed from it, is already dead spiritually. The physical body still walks, but it is only an empty shell whose only hope for the future is a funeral.

Discouraging? Heartbreaking? Not at all, for I recognized from the beginning that out of my struggle would come triumph and victory in proportion to the labors invested in my task. In this hope I have not been disappointed, but I have been overwhelmed with the bountiful manner in which the world has responded and paid me tribute for the long years of struggle that went into my work.

Also, I have gained from my struggle something of still greater and more profound value. It is the recognition that through my struggles I have reached deeply into the spiritual wells of my soul, and there I have found powers available for every purpose I may desire - powers I never knew I posessed, and never would have discovered except by the means of struggle.

"Do the thing and you shall have the power." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That must have been some downpour. Don't let the flooding get to you, just give it time. It will be a memory before you know it.

For me it was over when I discovered chemtrails are real and September 11th truth. Opens new dimensions of thought.

Keep your chin up and thanks again for all the informative posts you have shared with us.