Monday, November 17, 2008

Stevie Ray Vaughan - Texas Flood

"Texas Flood" is an electric blues album, released in 1983, by guitarist Stevie Ray Vaughan and his band Double Trouble.

Although the song "Texas Flood" has three verses of lyrics, it is more of a prolonged guitar solo, allowing Vaughan to show off his characteristic electric blues style. During live shows, he would often play portions of this song behind his back, arousing an enthusiastic crowd response.

Stylistically, "Texas Flood" is structured around the common three chord blues progression. Written and performed in the key of G (sounding F# because of Vaughan's tuning), it is in 12/8 time, or compound time, which gives it a "slow burning" feel that is common in Texas blues. [Enjoy! - c]

Stevie Ray Vaughan - Texas Flood

Well, it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

And I've been tryin' to call my baby
Lord, and I can't get a single sound

Well, dark clouds are rollin' in
Man, I'm standin' out in the rain

Well, dark clouds are rollin' in
Man, I'm standin' out in the rain

Yeah, flood water keep a rollin'
Man, it's about to drive poor me insane

Well, I'm leavin' you baby
Lord, and I'm goin' back home to stay

Well, I'm leavin' you baby
Lord, and I'm goin' back home to stay

Well, back home I know floods and tornadoes
Baby, the sun shines on me every day...

0 comments: