The medium Eva Carrière with a light manifestation between her hands and a materialization on her head. Carrière also performed under the names Eva C. and Marthe Béraud. Photograph taken in 1912 by German photographer.
Most literature on paranormal phenomena is produced by "true believers" and is aimed at a somewhat credulous audience. Opinion regarding the occurrence of paranormal phenomena tends to be polarized into uncritical acceptance or total rejection.
Prepared in response to requests by the Director, Defense Advanced Research Projects agency (DARPA,) this briefing on paranormal phenomena is based on a net assessment study of the field that took into account Soviet and U.S. literature, institutions, personnel and technology, and it includes a comparative analysis of both U.S. and USSR efforts.
- The Nature of Paranormal Phenomena
- Possible Military Applications
- Differences Between Soviet and U.S. Research
- Soviet Research in Parapsychology
- Paranormal Research Centers in the Soviet Union and the United States
- U.S. and Soviet Research Funding
- General Conclusions of the Study